Did you know that he Princeton Spanish Immersion Program partners with the Amity Institute to provide Amity Teaching Interns in our Immersion Programming? The Teaching Interns come from a Spanish-speaking country to work in a school in the United States. The Interns have varied educational backgrounds and will work in the school for approximately 32 hours a week and play a flexible role in the classrooms. The Teaching Interns participate in a wide variety of activities such as observing classroom and school culture, assisting the teacher with lessons/group work, conducting cultural presentations, and developing materials for student instruction.
As part of their experience, Interns live with a local host family. Next school year, the Teaching Interns will be here from the end of August 2019 until the beginning of June 2020 and we are currently seeking families who would be interested in hosting. The requirements are:
- Families must host for a minimum of 9 weeks, one semester, or for the entire stay.
- Intern must have their own bedroom.
- Internet access is highly desirable because the Intern may do a lot of communication with family and friends via Skype.
- Family will provide meals (lunch will be provided by the school).
- Transportation to and from school (families within ISD 477 can get special permission for international students to ride the school bus).
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for the student and provide interesting experiences in and around Minnesota.