Our schools are owned by our community, and we have an important decision to make about future investments in our buildings. Now we need to decide when is the right time to re-invest in our buildings. In December 2020, in partnership with Morris-Leatherman, we will be conducting a survey to gather input from our community. At this time there is no referendum on any ballot, and Princeton Public Schools will continue to seek community feedback and involvement before we decide to pursue any referendum.
Task Force Timeline
- Spring 2019 - Princeton Publics Schools & Wold Architects performed facilities & enrollment analysis.
- May 2019 - Wold Architects presented findings from analysis to the Princeton School Board
- Summer/Fall 2019 - Three committees made up of community members and staff members were formed to discuss facility needs, feasibility and options.
- November 2019 - The criteria committee presented findings from community and staff recommendations to the school board.
- February 2020 - The options presented facility recommendations to the school board. The school board voted to proceed with a bond referendum for May 2020.
- March 2020 - The School Board unanimously voted to cancel the May 2020 bond vote due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Fall 2020 - The Princeton Schools Board discussed when it would be the right time for another referendum attempt.
- October 2020 - Princeton Public Schools announced the district would perform a community survey to gauge community interest.
- December 2020 - Community survey is conducted.
- Early 2021 - Survey results will be shared with community.