Our schools are owned by our community, and we have a important decisions to make about future investments in our buildings. Last spring we decided to delay a bond referendum and now we need to decide when is the right time to re-invest in our buildings. In December 2020, in partnership with The Morris-Leatherman Company, we conducted a random survey to gather input from our community. At this time there is no referendum on the ballot, and Princeton Public Schools will continue to seek community feedback and involvement before we decide to pursue any referendum. If you are interested in joining the facilities planning committee please email Superintendent Barton at email@example.com.
Task Force Timeline
- January 2021 - Survey results were shared at the public Board Meeting. Here is a link to the District Demographics and the Survey Results.
- December 2020 - Community survey is conducted.
- October 2020 - Princeton Public Schools announced the district would perform a community survey to gauge community interest.
- Fall 2020 - The Princeton Schools Board began discussing the future potential for facility improvements.
- March 2020 - The School Board unanimously voted to cancel the May 2020 bond vote due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- February 2020 - The options committee presented facility recommendations to the school board. The school board voted to proceed with a bond referendum for May 2020.
- November 2019 - The criteria committee presented findings from community and staff recommendations to the school board.
- Summer/Fall 2019 - Three committees made up of community members and staff members were formed to discuss facility needs, feasibility and options.
- May 2019 - Wold Architects presented findings from analysis to the Princeton School Board.
- Spring 2019 - Princeton Publics Schools & Wold Architects performed district facilities & enrollment analysis.