Welcome to Princeton Public Schools Health Services webpage. The Health Services team collaborates with parents, healthcare providers, educational services and the community to promote student health, so students can meet their educational goals. A Licensed school nurse (LSN) and health paraprofessionals work together to meet the students' physical, social, and emotional health needs and the health/safety of the entire school community.
The school health offices are staffed by a health services paraprofessional with a licensed school nurse in the building 1/2 day per week and as needed or on-call within the District.
- Provide routine and emergency first-aid care to students and staff with illnesses and injuries under the direction of the LNS and medical advisor.
- Administer medications as delegated by the LSN.
- Provide care to students with medical conditions as directed by the Individualized Health Plan and delegated by the LSN.
- Maintain documentation of immunizations and other health needs as part of the student health record.
- Assist with monitoring and providing information regarding communicable concerns.
- Are certified in CPR and First Aid
Licensed School Nurse
- Together with the health paraprofessional, promote and maintain the health and well-being of all students and staff.
- Delegate and supervise first-aid care, medication administration, and health procedures.
- Develop health policies/practices to provide and improve safe health services for students and staff.
- Assess, plan, and document for students with health needs.
- Plan and provide vision, hearing and scoliosis screening and referrals.
- Provide health consultation, education, and referral services to students, staff and families.
- Coordinate surveillance, prevention and control of communicable disease.
- Is a Registered Nurse with a baccalaureate degree and is licensed in public health and school nursing.