At the start of this year, the state provided schools with a good supply of at-home COVID-19 saliva tests we could send home with students. Our inventory is running low, and the state is no longer providing the kits in bulk to schools. But they are available to you, FREE online. You can order them from Vault Health, free, for your own family. We recommend ordering two tests per family member to keep on hand in case your family needs an easy way to test. Here is a short video showing how to order online.
Here are the steps to order your free at-home COVID test:
- Go to the Vault Health website https://learn.vaulthealth.com/state-of-minnesota/
- Click “Order a Test”
- Select “My Child (under 18)”
- Enter your child’s name, your phone number, and your child’s date of birth. It will also ask for gender, race and ethnicity — you can click “Decline to Answer” if you don’t care to share. Click “Next” at the bottom of each page.
- Vault will ask you to create an account. Use the email address where you want to receive your test results, (double-check for type-os to be sure it's accurate).
- Enter your address for shipping so they can mail you the test kit.
- It will ask for billing/insurance information for state tracking purposes, all tests will be free. You will not receive a bill from your insurance. If you don’t have insurance, no problem, click NO.
- You can order up to two tests for each family member, but you will need a unique email address for each adult. Fill out one form for each family member.
- Tiger Times