In-person education and learning is critical to a child’s well-being and academic success. Testing in K-12 schools remains a powerful tool for preventing the spread of COVID-19 as part of a broader COVID-19 mitigation strategy and will be offered to staff and students at Princeton Public Schools. As more tests become available our district will consider adding additional options. Current testing programs include:
- Staff over the age of 18 with symptoms only, can utilize a self-administered nasal swab onsite in the school building health offices. *Results are subject to HIPAA regulations and Health Office interpretation, available in 20 minutes*
- Students and Staff can utilize the “School COVID-19 test at home program” to obtain a saliva test from a building health office, taking it at home with Zoom assist and returning it to the building for send off. The building will send off bulk tests daily. *Results are confidential and available in 3-5 days*
- Students and Staff can utilize COVID-19 test at home program to have a saliva test mailed to them, taking it at home with Zoom assist and returning it to a UPS drop site. *Results are confidential and available in 3-5 days*
- Students and Staff can utilize COVID-19 community testing sites across Minnesota. *Results are confidential and available in 3-5 days*
- Students and Staff can go to local pharmacies, hospitals and clinics. Princeton community choices include: Coborn's Pharmacy, and M Health Northland Clinic. There are also surrounding community options that have rapid PCR tests available as well.
Please contact the nursing staff at your child's school with any questions.
- Tiger Times