Starting Wednesday, November 11th we will be changing the process for meal pick up. In order to try to better serve households that work out of town, ensure program integrity and the changing of the seasons, we will implement to following changes:
- Meals will still be served at the Princeton Middle School.
- Every Wednesday, we will be open from 6:30 am through 12:00 pm (noon). We will close promptly, so please be in line to get meals as needed.
- Door Meal Service will start! This means: Meals will be served from door #4. (door on left side of activity center sign) You will need to stay in the drive through line, wait until you get towards the front of the car line, get out of your vehicle and walk up to the door. For those of you familiar with the process, you know we use lots of carts. It will be impossible to utilize the equipment safely once the weather changes. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we switch to the door pick up model.
- If you are picking up meals for more than one student, please be prepared to carry them back to your vehicle. Bring a bag, box, tote, etc.
- If there is a short line of people, please practice social distancing while in line.
- For the safety of our staff, please wear face coverings.
- We are in the process of installing a doorbell. If you happen to arrive during a slower time and you do not see a worker handing out meals, please ring the doorbell and we will gladly come assist you. A sign will be posted clearly indicating where the bell is.
- To ensure program integrity, we will create a roster from the survey link for meals. If you have already registered for meals, no need to do it again. If you have not yet signed up, we encourage you to do so. We want to make sure meals are going to children ages 1-18 only. Survey
- Staff may ask you your name and the student names in order to compare it to the master roster. Again, this is to ensure the program is being used correctly. The MDE has encouraged all schools to track meal usages as much as possible. Children from other districts are eligible for meals, the Food Service Director will reach out to surrounding schools to verify enrollment. We want to ensure every child that needs or wants a meal gets one.
- Nutrition Services does it’s best to follow the menu posted on our website. Follow the MS Covid Menu. Challenges in delivery or availability of specific food items may cause changes without notice. If you have any specific questions or concerns regarding allergens or heating instructions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your student has a specific dietary accommodation, please contact Nutrition Services so we may have the correct meals ready for you. If you have already done so, no need to do it again.
We are very thankful for all of you supporting school meals. The more students’ we serve meals to, the more reimbursement the school receives to keep the program running. Picking up meals can reduce household stress, help household finances, and reduce local child hunger.
- All sites