Policy 102 - Equal Educational Opportunity
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that equal educational opportunity is provided for all students of the school district.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
A. The policy of the school district is to provide equal educational opportunity for all students. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of Race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex,, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity and expression, or age. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled students.
B. The school district prohibits the harassment of any individual for any of the categories listed above. For information about the types of conduct that constitute violation of the school district’s policy on harassment and violence and the school district’s procedures for addressing such complaints, refer to the school district’s policy on harassment and violence.
C. This policy applies to all areas of education including academics, coursework, co-curricular and extracurricular activities, or other rights or privileges of enrollment.
D. Every school district employee shall be responsible for complying with this policy conscientiously.
E. Any student, parent or guardian having a question regarding this policy should discuss it with the appropriate school district official as provided by policy. In the absence of a specific designee, an inquiry or a complaint should be referred to the superintendent.
- Minn. Stat. § 121A.03, Subd. 2 (Sexual, Religious, and Racial Harassment and Violence Policy)
- Minn. Stat. Ch. 363A (Minnesota Human Rights Act)
- 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq. (Americans with Disabilities Act)
- 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 402 (Disability Nondiscrimination)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 413 (Harassment and Violence)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 521 (Student Disability Nondiscrimination)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 522 (Student Sex Nondiscrimination)
Adopted: December 17, 2002
Reviewed: October 8, 2013
Revised: October 20, 2015
Revised: September 6, 2016
Reviewed: September 19, 2017
Revised: May 19, 2020