Policy 104 - School District Mission Statement
The purpose of this policy is to establish a clear statement of the purpose for which the school district exists.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board believes that a mission statement should be adopted. The mission statement should be based on the beliefs and values of the community, should direct any change effort and should be the basis on which decisions are made. The school board, on behalf of and with extensive participation by the community, should develop a consensus among its members regarding the nature of the enterprise the school board governs, the purposes it serves, the constituencies it should consider, including student representation, and the results it intends to produce.
III. SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS
MISSION: Princeton is an innovative leader in instruction, developing in EVERY learner the ability to succeed in an ever-changing world.
VISION: Princeton will equip every student to be career and college ready through personalized instruction, community partnerships and collaboration.
- Student Learning: High student achievement.
- Climate and Culture: Optimal teaching and learning environment.
- Multi-tiered System of Supports: Robust response programming to meet the needs of ALL students in a tiered system.
- Operations: Efficient and effective operations.
The school board will review the school district’s mission every two years, especially when members of the board change. The school board will conduct a comprehensive review of the mission, including the beliefs and values of the community, every five to seven years.
- Minn. Rule Parts 3501.0010-3501.0180
- Minn. Rule Parts 3501.0200-3501.0270
- Minn. Stat § 123.972 (School District Policy)
Adopted: February 11, 2003
Revised: November 28, 2003
Reviewed: February 23, 2010
Revised: February 16, 2016
Revised: May 1, 2108
Revised: May 19, 2020