Policy 203.2 - Order of the Regular School Board Meeting
The purpose of this policy is to ensure consistency in the order of business at regular school board meetings.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
It is the policy of the school board to consider matters that come before it in a consistent and orderly manner.
A. The school board shall conduct an orderly school board meeting. The school board will, at all regular school board meetings, follow an agenda order similar to:
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Citizen Comments
- Review Communications
- Act on Agenda
- Act on Previous Board Meeting Minutes
- Consent Agenda
- Information/Reports from various staff and/or groups
- Action Items
- Additions to agenda
- Future meeting
B. Items in this order may be considered as part of a consent agenda.
C The school board may depart from the order of business with the consent of the majority of members present.
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.09, Subd. 7 (School Board powers)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 203 (Operation of the School Board - Governing Rules)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 203.5 (School Board Meeting Agenda)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 203.6 (Consent Agendas)
Adopted: February 11,2003
Revised: March 17, 2015
Revised: September 19, 2017
Reviewed: July 21, 2020