Policy 615 - Basic Standards and Graduation Required Testing, Accommodations, Modifications and Exemptions for IEP, 504 Accommodation & LEP Students
Revised: January 17, 2017
The purpose of the policy is to provide adequate opportunity for students identified as having IEP, Section 504 Accommodation, or LEP needs to meet the graduation requirements of state-required basic skills and graduation required testing.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
A. The school district will utilize the existing annual review of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) or Section 504 Accommodation plans to review, on a case-by-case basis, the extent of student participation in basic standards testing.
B. Students with LEP needs must be identified and accommodations made.
III. DEFINITION OF TERMS
See the “Procedures Manual for the Minnesota Assessments” which Is produced by the Minnesota Department of Education and available through personaccess.com
IV. GRANTING AND DOCUMENTING ACCOMMODATIONS, MODIFICATIONS, OR EXEMPTIONS FOR BASIC STANDARDS TESTING
See chapter 5 of the current “Procedures Manual for the Minnesota Assessments.”
All test accommodations, modifications, or exemptions shall be reported to the School District Test Administrator. The School District Teaching and Learning Administrator shall be responsible for keeping a list of all such test accommodations, modifications, and exemptions for school district audit purposes. This will be done annually by December 1. Testing results will be documented and reported.
- Minn. Stat. § 120B.11 (School District Process)
- Minn. Stat. § 120B.30 (Statewide Testing and Reporting System)
- Minn. Stat. § 125A.08(a)(1) (Individualized Education Programs)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.0640-3501.0635 (Academic Standards for Language Arts)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.0800-3501.0815 (Academic Standards for the Arts)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.0900-3501.0955 (Academic Standards in Science)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.1000-3501.1190 (Graduation-Required Assessment for Diploma) (repealed Minn. L. 2013, Ch. 116, Art. 2, § 22)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.1300-3501.1345 (Academic Standards for Social Studies)
- Princeton Policy 104 (School District Mission Statement)
- Princeton Policy 601 (School District Curriculum and Instruction Goals)
- Princeton Policy 613 (Graduation Requirements)
- Princeton Policy 614 (School District Testing Plan and Procedure)
- Princeton Policy 616 (School District System Accountability)
Adopted: July 21, 1998
Revised: April 22, 2008
Reviewed: November 23, 2010
Revised: November 18, 2014
Revised: October 20, 2015
Revised: January 17, 2017