Policy 615 - Statewide Testing- Accommodations/Alternate Assessments for students with an IEP, Section 504, or EL designation.
The purpose of the policy is to provide adequate opportunity for students identified as having individualized education program (IEP), Rehabilitation Act of 1973, § 504 accommodation plan (504 plan), or English Learner (EL) participate in statewide assessment systems designed to hold schools accountable for the academic performance of all students.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
III. DEFINITION OF TERMS
See the “Procedures Manual for the Minnesota Assessments” which is produced by the Minnesota Department of Education and available through personaccess.com.
IV. GRANTING AND DOCUMENTING ACCOMMODATIONS
See chapter 5 of the current “Procedures Manual for the Minnesota Assessments” and 2022-23 Guidelines for Administration of Accommodations and Linguistic Supports (http://minnesota.pearsonaccessnext.com/resources/resources-training/manuals/GuidelinesforAccommandLS_2018.pdf).
All test accommodations shall be reported to the School District Test Administrator. The School District Teaching and Learning Administrator shall be responsible for keeping a list of all such test accommodations for school district audit purposes. This will be done annually by December 1. Testing results will be documented and reported.
- Minn. Stat. § 120B.11 (School District Process for Reviewing Curriculum, Instruction, and Student Achievement; Striving for the World’s Best Workforce)
- Minn. Stat. § 120B.30 (Statewide Testing and Reporting System)
- Minn. Stat. § 125A.08 (Individualized Education Programs)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.0640-3501.0635 (Academic Standards for Language Arts)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.08 (Academic Standards for the Arts)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.0900-3501.0955 (Academic Standards in Science)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.1300-3501.1345 (Academic Standards for Social Studies)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.1400-3501.1410 (Academic Standards for Physical Education)
- Eligibility Requirements for the Minnesota Test of Academic Skills (MTAS)
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs Participation Guidelines
- Princeton Policy 104 (School District Mission Statement)
- Princeton Policy 601 (School District Curriculum and Instruction Goals)
- Princeton Policy 613 (Graduation Requirements)
- Princeton Policy 614 (School District Testing Plan and Procedure)
- Princeton Policy 616 (School District System Accountability)
Adopted: July 21, 1998
Revised: April 22, 2008
Reviewed: November 23, 2010
Revised: November 18, 2014
Revised: October 20, 2015
Revised: January 17, 2017
Revised: March 19, 2019
Reviewed: March 16, 2021
Revised: June 20, 2023