Policy 902 - Facility Use
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for community use of school facilities and equipment.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board encourages maximum use of school facilities and equipment for community purposes if, in its judgement, that use will not interfere with use for school purposes.
III. SCHEDULED COMMUNITY EDUCATION EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
- The School District Community Education Office shall be charged with the process of scheduling rooms and special areas for community education classes and activities planned to be offered during each session.
- Procedures for providing publicity, registration and collection of fees shall be the responsibility of the school district administration.
- Registration fees may be structured to include a prorated portion of costs for custodial services that may be needed
IV. GENERAL COMMUNITY USE OF FACILITIES
- The school board may authorize the use of school facilities by community groups or individuals. It may impose reasonable regulations and conditions upon the use of school facilities as it deems appropriate. The administration will present recommended procedures by the school board, such procedures shall be an addendum to this policy.
- Requests for use of school facilities by community groups or individuals shall be made through the District Community Education Office. A rental fee schedule, deposit or surety bond schedule, and payment procedure shall be presented to review and approval by the school board.
- The school board may require a rental fee for the use of school facilities. Such fee may include the cost of custodial and supervisory services if deemed necessary. It may also require a deposit or surety bond for the proper use and repair of damage to school facilities. When emergencies or unusual circumstances arise that necessitate rescheduling the use of school facilities, every effort will be made to find acceptable alternative meeting space.
V. USE OF SCHOOL EQUIPMENT
The administration will present a procedure to the school board for review and approval regarding the type of equipment that is available for community use, the extent to which it may be utilized, and the manner by which it may be scheduled for use and any charges to be made relating thereto. Upon approval of the school board, such procedure shall be an addendum to this policy.
VI. RULES FOR USE OF FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT
The school board expects members of the community who use facilities and equipment to do so with respect for school district property and an understanding of proper use. Individuals and groups shall be responsible for damage to facilities and equipment. A certificate of insurance may be required by the school district to ensure payment for these damages and any liability for injuries.
- Minn. Stat. 123B.51 (Schoolhouses and Sites; Uses for School and Nonschool Purposes; Closings)
- Princeton Public School Policy 801: Equal Access to School Facilities
- Princeton Public School Policy 901: Community Education
- Procedures for Facility Use
Adopted: June 27, 2000
Revised: December 19, 2000
Revised: February 12, 2002
Revised: March 23, 2004
Revised: November 23, 2004
Revised: May 24, 2005
Revised: April 25, 2006
Revised: April 24, 2007
Revised: October 13, 2009
Revised: December 21, 2010
Revised: April 4, 2014
Revised: May 31, 2015
Revised: May 17, 2016
Revised: October 18, 2016
Revised: September 17, 2019
Reviewed: October 20, 2020
Revised: February 21, 2023