Policy 203 - Operation of the School Board-Governing Rules
The purpose of this policy is to provide governing rules for the conduct of meetings of the school board.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
An orderly school board meeting allows school board members to participate in discussion and decision of school district issues. Rules of order allow school board members the opportunity to review school-related topics, discuss school business items, and bring matters to conclusion in a timely and consistent manner.
III. RULES OF ORDER
Rules of order for school board meetings shall be as follows:
A. Minnesota statutes where specified;
B. Specific rules of order as provided by the school board consistent with Minnesota statutes; and
C. Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised (latest edition) where consistent with A. and B., above.
- Minn. Stat. Ch. 13D (Open Meeting Law)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.09, Subds. 6, 7, and 10 (School Board Matters)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.14 (Officers)
- Princeton Public School Policy 203.1 (School Board Procedures, Rules of Order)
- Princeton Public School Policy 203.2 (Order of the Regular School Board Meeting)
- Princeton Public School Policy 203.5 (School Board Meeting Agenda)
- Princeton Public School Policy 203.6 (Consent Agendas)
Adopted: February 11, 2003
Revised: August 11, 2009
Revised: March 17, 2015
Reviewed: September 19, 2017
Reviewed: July 21, 2020