Continuous Improvement Plan
Over the course of the 2018-19 school year our team worked together to organize our district in a way to work more efficiently and effectively. Our goal is to utilize best practices that will maximize the student experience and stand the test of time.
We developed our Continuous Improvement plan around our focus areas of:
- Student Learning
- Climate and Culture
- Multi-Tiered Systems and Supports, and
Each focus area has specific desired outcomes that we will be intentionally working toward as a district. For us to achieve our goals to provide the best possible experience for our students, we must work together as a team. None of us can do this alone. We all have roles and responsibilities that will contribute to achieving our goals. Your support and participation is needed to insure that we meet our commitment to excellence.
Continuous Improvement Plan Downloads:
Princeton Public Schools is an innovative leader in instruction, developing in EVERY learner the ability to succeed in an ever-changing world.
Princeton Public Schools will equip every student to be career and college ready through personalized instruction, community partnerships, and collaboration.
Connections: Engaging in our shared purpose with our stakeholders: staff, students, families, community organizations, and school board.
Citizenship: Fostering in students the understanding of the rights, duties, and responsibilities essential to a democratic society.
Collaborative Leadership: Working together interdependently, learning from each other, and taking responsibility for our individual and collective actions.
Excellence: Making continuous and deliberate steps toward ongoing achievement.
Integrity: Aligning our actions with our values and beliefs.
Respect: Listening to, accepting, and valuing each individual in the school district and community.
Learning: Pledging to create meaningful and challenging growth that results in student success.
Innovation: Insisting upon intentional, courageous, and continuous improvement through analysis and action.
High Student Achievement
- Move toward a guaranteed, coherent and viable curriculum.
- Deepen use of Princeton Paradigm as our model of instruction.
- Foster authentic literacy across content areas (reading, writing, thinking, speaking).
Climate & Culture
Optimal Teaching and Learning Environment
- Create continuity and alignment across sites to ensure common language and practices that promote a positive school climate.
- Embed, teach, and assess Social Emotional Learning CASEL standards in all content areas.
- Strategically establish and maintain meaningful relationships with ALL students and each other.
- Enhance diversity-related educational opportunities and experiences to ensure that students acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for living and working effectively as members of a diverse, pluralistic and global society.
Multi-Tiered System of Supports
Robust Response Programming to Meet the Needs of ALL Students in a Tiered System.
- Provide continuity, transition, and alignment across sites to ensure common language and promote the effective use of MTSS practices.
- Ensure that there is a continuum of evidence based practices/interventions (for both academics and behaviors) that meet the needs of all students.
- Implement and refine the effective use of the Problem Solving Process at each site to ensure that interventions are targeted correctly to the root cause of the problem(s).
Efficient and Effective Operations
- Ensure facilities are safe, well maintained and promote a 21st century learning environment.
- Promote positive messaging to showcase points of pride in our district to increase school spirit and Tiger Pride.
- Utilize best practices in governance by building systems for two-way communication based on positivity, trust, respect, and transparency.
- Operate district in a fiscally responsible manner that supports student learning while maintaining an unassigned fund balance of at least 10%.
- Hire the best people, work as a team, provide quality training and support, and aim to achieve the highest level of employee engagement, satisfaction and pride.
World's Best Workforce
Improving educational outcomes from cradle to career.