Frequently Asked Questions
Please review frequently asked questions before contacting the school or district. Feel free to use the form on this page to submit a non-urgent question to the district. If you need immediate answers, please call your school directly during business hours.
Disclaimer: Information on this page is subject to change as we receive further information from governing bodies, if COVID cases increase/decrease within our counties, or as the district and/or schools refine their fall plans.
- What are the scenarios for Fall 2020 Learning in Princeton Public Schools?
- If my child starts off the school year in distance learning can they switch to in person or hybrid?
- If my child starts off the school year in person or hybrid can they switch to distance learning?
- How will full-time distance learning in Fall 2020 be different from emergency distance learning during Spring 2020?
- Will Spanish Immersion be offered via distance learning?
- Will Primary and Intermediate students still have specialist classes and recess? Or will they be in the classroom all day?
- When Is the ACT going to be offered for Class of 2021?
- Will distance learning be offered all year?
- What is the difference between Distance Learning and Princeton Online?
- Will the orange plan (aka non-electronic learning) still be available for distance learning?
- Do all students need to wear masks all day? (or just in common areas)
- The mask mandate says children 2-5 don't have to wear masks, Kindergartners are 5-6 would some in the class have to wear and others not?
- What if my student cannot wear a mask due to medical reasons?
- When can my child take their mask off during the day?
- When can a face shield be used instead of wearing a mask?
- Is school still starting on September 8?
- When can I get a school supply list?
- Where will students eat breakfast and lunch?
- What is your meal plan for students with severe allergies?
- If my student rides the bus, how will this work?
- Why can't I have more than one address for bussing pickup or dropoff?
- When will schedules and teacher assignments be available?
- How does COVID screening by the parent work if my child gets themselves ready for school?
- Can my middle school and high school students have the same days on the hybrid schedule?
- Will you be offering Tiger Club, and how will that operate?
- My student is doing distance learning and/or hybrid. Will the district provide hotspots for students who have no internet?
- What will happen if there is a confirmed case of COVID in a classroom?
- Who will be allowed in the school buildings during school hours?
- Why can't I submit my Phase 1 Registration even though I went through all the steps?
- I filled out the Lunch Application, but it says I didn't complete that step?
- I don't know my Family Access login.
- I opted my student into distance learning during registration by mistake. How do I change this?
- My student isn't listed in Family Access.
- What is the difference between Homeschooling and Distance Learning?
- How do I register my student into Princeton Public Schools?
- What if I don't know if I should choose Distance Learning or In-Person/Hybrid for my student?
Relevant Guidance Resources
Our plans and decisions were put in place utilizing several resources from local, state and federal guidelines. For reference here are some of the resources we have used:
- Safe Learning Plan for 2020-21
- 2020-2021 Planning Guide For MN Schools
- Executive Order 20-57
- MDE Updates | COVID 19
- MDH Summer Programs | COVID-19
- MDH School Setting | COVID-19
- CDC School Settings | COVID-19
- Guidance on Safely Reopening Minnesota Businesses
- Executive Order 20-81
- Executive Order 20-82