The Minnesota Department of Education sets academic standards for students across the state. Here are the requirements specifically for our students:
- Minnesota Department of Education states students be provided the opportunity to participate in a district approved college entrance exam in grade 11. Students in grade 11 will be scheduled to take the ACT which is the statewide administration date.
- The Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments (MCA) and alternate assessment, Minnesota Test of Academic Skills (MTAS), are the statewide tests that help districts measure student progress toward Minnesota’s academic standards and meet the requirements of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Sophomore students take the Science and English MCA and juniors take the Math MCA. Most students take the MCA, but students who receive special education services and meet eligibility criteria may be assigned to take the MTAS.
- In order to receive a diploma from Princeton High School, students must be enrolled in the district full-time for trimester three of their senior year.
- Students graduating in 2022 and beyond must earn a minimum number of credits in grades nine through twelve in order to graduate and participate in the graduation commencement ceremony. See the chart below.
- Students are required to meet career and college readiness graduation milestones at each grade level.
A trimester credit is defined as credit earned in a one-trimester class in a 6-day period.
Credits for the graduating classes of 2022-2025
- English – 9 credits
- Social Studies – 7 credits
- Mathematics – 9 credits
- Science – 7 credits
- Physical Education – 2 credits
- Health – 1 credit
- College & Career – 1 credit
- Arts – 2 credits
- Electives – 27 credits
Total: 65 credits completed
Participation in the Graduation Ceremony
Students who have earned enough credits to qualify for graduation may participate in the ceremony. Any senior who has not fully met the graduation requirements by the end of the last school day of the school year, will not be eligible to participate in graduation exercises of that school year. If any of your credits are questionable, please see your instructor(s) and counselor immediately. Incompletes must be made up before the day of the graduation ceremony.