Minnesota values its educational system and the professionalism of its educators. Minnesota educators created the academic standards which are rigorous and prepare our students for career and college.
The statewide assessments are how we as a state measure that curriculum and daily instruction in our schools are being aligned to the academic standards, ensuring all students are being provided an equitable education. Statewide assessment results are just one tool to monitor that we are providing our children with the education that will ensure a strong workforce and knowledgeable citizens.
Opting Out of Statewide Testing
Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.31, subdivision 4a, requires the commissioner to create and publish a form for parents and guardians to complete if they refuse to have their student participate in state-required standardized assessments. Your student’s district may require additional information. Access the opt-out form in the PHS Student Handbook.
ACT District Testing
Princeton High School's ACT testing dates are TBD.
ACT National Testing
ACT Fee Waiver Eligibility
If you can't afford the registration fee, you may be eligible for a fee waiver from ACT. Funds are limited, and once they have been exhausted, requests for waivers will be denied. See your Dean to see if you are eligible for the waiver.
- You must currently attend high school as a junior or senior and meet at least one indicator of economic need listed on the ACT fee waiver form.
- You may register only twice with an ACT fee waiver either in your junior or senior year. The waiver has been used once you register, even if you do not test.
- Fee waivers cover only the basic registration fee including up to four valid college choices (listed at the time of registration). Waivers do not cover test date changes, test center changes, or any other fees.
- ACT Only (No Writing) $63.00
- ACT Plus Writing $88.00
- Late Registration add $36.00
- Standby Testing add $63.00
Many colleges recommend the ACT plus writing, please check with your individual college to see what they advise. The following Minnesota colleges REQUIRE the writing portion of the ACT:
- Carlton College
- Martin Luther College
- University of Minnesota Morris
- University of Minnesota Rochester
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Princeton High School Code: 242-030 - You will need this code when registering for the ACT and/or SAT Tests
SAT Testing Information
SAT test results are typically preferred at colleges on the east and west coast of the United States.
- See Registration Book or website for testing fees, varies by tests taken.
- Testing booklets are available in the Career Center and the Guidance Office.