Princeton Area Learning Center
The Princeton Area Learning Center strives to support students in high school seeking a more individualized program. Our goal is to assist students in developing the skills needed to earn a high school diploma, and offer support as students become college and career ready.
Congratulations Princeton ALC 2018 Graduates!
According to the State of Minnesota Department of Education, eligible students meet any of the following criteria:
(1) performs substantially below the performance level for pupils of the same age in a locally determined achievement test;
(2) is behind in satisfactorily completing coursework or obtaining credits for graduation;
(3) is pregnant or is a parent;
(4) has been assessed as chemically dependent;
(5) has been excluded or expelled according to sections 121A.40 to 121A.56;
(6) has been referred by a school district for enrollment in an eligible program or a program pursuant to section 124D.69;
(7) is a victim of physical or sexual abuse;
(8) has experienced mental health problems;
(9) has experienced homelessness sometime within six months before requesting a transfer to an eligible program;
(10) speaks English as a second language or has limited English proficiency;
(11) has withdrawn from school or has been chronically truant; or
(12) is being treated in a hospital in the seven-county metropolitan area for cancer or other life threatening illness or is the sibling of an eligible pupil who is being currently treated.